Friday, August 12, 2011

Where the Water Waxes and Wanes

That was the answer to the last clue. Does it make sense? No. Are there a million different interpretations of where to go next? Yes.

So what did I do? I walked around Vegas. The gears in my mind slowly turned as my feet took me from place to place. I walked to the Bellagio, where the water went up and down, and I thought about going to the Hoover Dam or the Grand Canyon. Wax and wane. Wane and wax.

Finally, I found myself in a side street off from the strip where there was a small comic book shop. When I turned my head to look inside, I saw him. The man with the seersucker suit. He was inside buying a comic.

I pushed the door open, but there was a power surge at that precise moment and the lights flickered off and when they came back on, the man with the seersucker suit was gone. I went over to where he had been standing and looked at what he had been looking at.

Finally, I found it:

Where the water waxes and wanes.

I took a look inside and there was another note, folded in half:

Lines on the page.

I bought the comic book and brought it back my motel room.

7 comments:

  1. the lines on the page are a set of co-ordinates pointing you to the edge of Moon Lake in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thegs seem to be runing smothly for now no bumps in the rode but soon a dirt path will hit and hold on cus thegs will git bumpy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd ask if you were sure you saw him, but this note seems pretty definitive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wore a seersucker suit, but I didn't catch a glimpse of his face, so it might have been somebody else. But since this was left behind, I'm thinking it was the same man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's just an unlikely coincidence, I'm sure one of the minions will let you know. If nothing else, they have been good at taunting us when we're wrong.

    ReplyDelete