Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Book in the Boat

So I found a place that rented boats and was open on Sunday. They charged me $250 for a boat and oars.

There was only one problem: I had never gone boating before. And I had very little time to find out how to boat. So I went out in the boat and traveled in circles for twenty minutes before I stopped, went back to the boat place and asked for someone to guide it for me. I told them I was doing a National Treasure Hunt and that there was a Very Important Clue in the boat in the middle of the lake. The guy looked at me and then charged me another $50.

So: I finally got to the boat in the middle of Moon Lake. And in the middle of the boat was a book, a plain black hardcover book. I grabbed it, decided not to open it in front of my guide in case he was curious, and had him turn back around.

I finally got back to my car and (having driven all night and only slept a few hours in the uncomfortable car seat) found a nice motel to stay. Then I pulled out the book:

The book on top of my laptop.


And I opened it:

The inscription/clue.

However, the book had quite a lot of pages and this was just the first. So I turned the page. And found something quite disturbing:

A child's diary.

Why had the Jester left me the clue in the first page of a child's diary? And who was this Karen? Did the Jester kill her? Did he do something to her like he's doing with Derek?

I'm tired now and all I want to do is sleep, so I'll take pictures of the rest of the diary tomorrow and post them as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Wonder if there's a connection to House of Leaves Karen? Or maybe it's just a coincidence, honestly not far in the book. I guess until we see the rest, we'll just have to get cracking on the clue.

    ReplyDelete