Sunday, August 21, 2011

Poor Boys and Pilgrims

So I guess my next step is Graceland. Ha ha, Jester, very funny.

My mom used to love Paul Simon. I still remember long car trips where she would turn the radio up whenever a Paul Simon song came on. She would always sing along to Simon with her broken English and me and Derek, sitting in the backseat, would try to drown her out with our voices. Her favorite was "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard."

Well I'm on my way,
I don't know where I'm going,
I'm on my way, I'm taking my time,
But I don't know where.
Goodbye to Rosie, the queen of Corona,
Seeing me and Julio
Down by the schoolyard,
Seeing me and Julio
Down by the schoolyard.


I don't know why I just remembered that. I guess I just miss her sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Her broken English? Was she not originally from the States? And... what was your mom's name, Grace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she moved here when I was very young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Italy, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete