Thursday, August 25, 2011

Slip Slidin' Away

I'm still in Memphis. Visited Graceland again. Nothing. Went to see Elvis's grave. Nothing. I don't know what to do. Do I buy a plane ticket to Hawaii on the chance that the next clue is there? I don't have much of the Jester's money left - I've spent it on gas and motel rooms and food. Perhaps a thousand is still left. Enough for a plane ticket. One ticket.

Have you ever read Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead? I had to read it in high school. Didn't understand it back then, but then a few years ago I caught the movie on television and watched it all the way through entranced. They were trapped, stuck in the play, unable to escape their own demise, even though they knew it was coming. And every time a scene from Hamlet came up, they said their lines and played their parts and then went back to being lost, unable to be free.

I've been feeling like that lately. I'm stuck in this game, unable to move forward until the code is solved, unable to avoid whatever is coming, even though I know something is coming. I can feel it. The Jester has to be up to something. I haven't seen the Misfits since that incident at Starbucks - it seems like forever ago. Why? Why send me a fake finger and then cut off the real one? Why send me on this wild goose chase in the first place? I don't know. I'm just an actor in a play.

Speaking of which, there was a note under the door of my motel room. I'm sure it will lead to something which will lead to something else:


KIDOSEA RVJ DBHSCX


is

3 comments:

  1. but thou must, misfitsAugust 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM

    another hint if you're bereft
    not two wrongs and not two lefts

    ReplyDelete
  2. but two Wrights

    Bros Murder Satan?

    I'm just telling you what everyone else has found, Grace. Credit goes to the many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace. Based on the clues we're thinking maybe the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina is your next destination.

    ReplyDelete