Friday, August 26, 2011

Return to the Road

I'm driving again. On the road to Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.

I went out again yesterday, just looking for some clue, some hint, anything. I found nothing. Eventually, I just sat down and finished reading Echo. Which was also unsatisfactory, because it was only the first volume and it ended on a cliffhanger.

I finally checked the comments and found that you guys figured out where to go next. So I went back to my motel room.

It was unlocked. Cautiously, I opened the door and stepped inside. There was nobody there. Nothing was moved. Except.

Except there was a package on the bed.


Tentatively, I opened the package and found the same note I had found a few days ago on my car. Except now someone had written over it.

"hell of a race" is what it now says.

I flipped the note:
It's the "see you soon" part that disturbs me.

Underneath the note was a notebook:

The outside of the notebook.

And the first page.

And, even stranger, underneath the notebook was this:
Yes, that's right, it's the "complete edition."

I looked around the motel room some more, but didn't find anything else. So I packed up the box with my other stuff and left.

I hope this is the last place. The place where I can find Derek. I'm beginning to lose hope. I know I still have a phone call. The Jester promised a phone call. I'm holding onto that.

I wonder how long it will last. How long until the Jester tires of the game and decides to just kill us both.

Kill Devil Hills. I wonder. Can I kill the Devil? When the time comes, can I kill the Jester?

2 comments:

  1. Your 'dancing men' page decodes to: JULIE MILLICENT THERESE AMELIA. Will ask your other friends why http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilogy_of_Terror looks relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISFITS- The barcode on the box can be read as BY2, which is a Japanese band composed of TWINS.
    Twins and siblings, where does it lead?

    ReplyDelete